Volunteering at the museum
You can volunteer at Bishop’s Stortford Museum in a variety of ways and enjoy making new friends, being valued for your contribution and supporting our work:
- Collection management involves cataloguing artefacts and ensuring they are stored correctly
- Researchers help with the many requests we get for information and have access to our archives to answer all sorts of questions
- History talks and walks are given by local volunteers about their particular area of interest
- Our Assistant Curator captures oral histories from local people and a volunteer types these up for our archives.
- Activity volunteers help our learning and outreach co-ordinator to deliver engaging lessons and activities to local schools and community groups.
- Craft volunteers help with our popular holiday events – supporting our young visitors to discover the past and make something to take home.
- Reminiscence Supporters maintain our boxes of everyday items from the 1950’s onwards and help deliver reminiscence sessions to older people in care homes.
- We even have a storyteller for our under 5’s monthly story time
You can volunteer for any of these activities – please email us to find out more.